Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

On the Mount, Darkness

I was delighted today to receive this poem by one of my church members, Greg Thompson, written after he listened to my last sermon in Exodus 20.  Thank you, Greg, for permission to post your outstanding work!

On The Mount, Darkness

For the law was given through Moses; but grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ. John 1:17

Revelation of law on tablets of stone,
written with the finger of God, holy, true;
glory given, Glory concealed
behind thick clouds on the mount,
the sun obscured and Darkness over all.
The people trembled at a distance.
“You need not be afraid, but learn to fear.”
And that great Time-lessness Who transcends time
said to Himself in His eternal present,
“I know the price I will pay to make a people holy.”

Revelation of grace on tablets of hearts,
written with the finger of God, blood-stained,
in glory given, Glory concealed beyond thick clouds, on the mount, the cross;
the Son revealed and Darkness over all.
And the people trembled at a distance.
“You need not be afraid, I have come near.”
And that great Time-lessness said to Himself,
“I know the price I have paid to make a people holy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment